Currently, all international flights land at the Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport (BZE) in Ladyville, a suburb of Belize City. Sometimes abbreviated as PGIA, the airport is generally referred to as the international airport in Belize City.
Belize City is the former capital and still largest city in the country. Located on the Caribbean coast in central Belize, Belize City is a major transportation hub with onward connections to every destination in the country.
Both the Philip Goldson Airport and the Sir Barry Bowen Municipal Airport (generally referred to as the Belize City Municipal Airport) have domestic air connections to the rest of Belize. Two domestic air carriers, Maya Island Air and Tropic Air, serve more than a dozen destinations in the country with multiple flights per day.
Belize Airports and Their Three-Letter Codes
When booking flights, airports are designated by their three-letter IATA codes:
- Philip Goldson International – Ladyville, nine miles from Belize City – BZE
- Sir Barry Mowen Municipal Airport – Belize City – TZA
- Belmopan – The national capital – BCV
- Caye Caulker – CUK
- Caye Chapel – CYC
- Corozal Town – CZH
- Dangriga – DGA
- Independence and Mango Creek – INB
- Maya Flats – Serving San Ignacio and Benque Viejo – MYF
- Orange Walk – ORZ
- Placecia – PLJ
- Punta Gorda – ORZ
- Sarteneja – SJX
- Savannah – Stann Creek District – SVH
- San Pedro – Ambergris Caye – SPR
Overnight parking at the Philip Goldson Airport costs 18 Belizean dollars per night. Belize charges a departure tax of $39.25 for non-residents that must be paid in cash using American currency only.
North American Cities With Non-Stop Flights to Belize
The following cities in North America have non-stop connections to the Philip Goldson International Airport:
- Atlanta – Delta
- Charlotte – American
- Chicago – United
- Denver – Southwest
- Dallas/Fort Worth – American
- Fort Lauderdale – Southwest
- Houston – United and Southwest
- Los Angeles – Delta
- Miami – American
- Newark – United
- Toronto – WestJet and Air Canada
Tour Belize Auto Rental is the premier rental car agency in Belize with two convenient locations, including one at the international terminal at the Philip Goldson International Airport in Belize City.